Original topic:

Fast charging has stopped working - S20 Ultra

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 01:25 PM)
postmodernronin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
No clue why. All it does is regular charge since like 2 weeks ago I'm noticing yesterday 

I dusted the ports, made sure the cables were connected properly. I even booted the phone into safe my mode and wiped cache partition

Battery saver is disabled and all of the battery settings for fast charging are enabled in the settings

Do I have to factory reset or am I missing something?

21 Replies
userSPIU0LfdUq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Cables are notorius for causing problem with 'superfast' charging if that's what you speaking to. Also have you tried gentle cleaning of contacts in usb with Q-Tip and 91% alchohol?
postmodernronin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I used a CO2 dust can
Will1178
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
First guess I'd imagine it's the cable. Are you using the one that came with the phone? Try anther fast charging approved cord
postmodernronin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It's not the cables. I have two different 45w Samsung chargers, plugged them into different wall outlets, swapped em, still no fast charge.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@postmodernronin Cables wear out. The first thing I would try is replacing the cable with a quality cable. 

postmodernronin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I also noticed that there is a wiggle of the USB cable when it's connected to the phone
Will1178
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Okay. So with the new one ui 6.2 update it only tells you if it's fast charging for a couple seconds as you plug it in then it just shows charging. I've made this mistake too and thought it wasn't fast charging. Pull down the notification drawer and plug it in and see what it says. And if it changes. (I really dislike this new change)
Will1178
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Here's an example. Let me know if the video link worked