JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung email lost permissions

(Topic created: 10-07-2022 05:28 AM)
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I got a notification that my Samsung email lost its permissions! And I need to find out what it means that it said my contacts Permissions had been accessed in the last 24 hours.  So somehow since I have probably used Samsung email for almost 2 years, I couldn't access my email without giving those two permissions.Do you think it was malware and I gave permission to some jerk? If not, why in the world would I lose my Samsung email permissions? Thanks for your feedback.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@twinlesstwin You can easily check and change the permissions on the phone. 

1. Long press on the email app icon until a dialog box pops up.
  2. Click on the i (in the circle) in the upper right.
  3. Click on Permissions. You will see which permissions are allowed and which are not. 
  4. If you want to allow a permission which is not allowed, click on it. 
  5. Click on Allow
  6. Click the back arrow at the top of the screen.
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
My question was not how to change permissions. It is WHY did I lose the permissions I had when I didn't change it myself? It just seems weird to lose permissions for no obvious reason, especially because I didn't do it.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@twinlesstwin There is a service that runs that tracks permission usage. If an app hasn't used a permission in a while it will be turned off. You will get notices when this happens. Off the top of my head, I don't know where you can configure this service. 

0 Likes
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
It was for my Samsung email and I use it all the time.
0 Likes
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm not trying to change permissions. I was trying to find out why I lost them. It was 2 permissions that made my Samsung email not work unless I enabled them again even though I had been using my Samsung email the day before and multiple times a day. Just trying to make sense why I lost two permissions and had to re-enable them before I could use my Samsung email again.
0 Likes
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I didn't get a notice. It was turned off and I had to turn it back on. But I did just see that I had turned on the radio button that said to remove permissions if app is unused. So I turned it off and I'm just going to let this go. Thank you all for your comments.
0 Likes