JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Showing 2 different gallery apps?

(Topic created: 01-17-2024 03:10 PM)
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I didn't used to have this problem and I don't know when it started so I don't know if I have malware or something. On my wall or whatever you call it on my smartphone, I only have one Google Galaxy Photos app. But when I look in Settings / Apps, there are 2. The larger one has 2 choices at the bottom, which are Open and Force Stop. But the smaller one only has the choice of Force Stop!

Google Photos, which is where my storage is, will let me uninstall it, but I can't seem to uninstall either one of the Google Galaxy Photos app. And even if I could, I don't know if it would have deleted both of them. And I don't know what to do because, to me, it is very problematic to have 2 apps for Galaxy which is obviously where my photos are stored as soon as I take pictures.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions on what to do so that I only have one app in settings? Anytime in the past that I have tried to call Google, no one ever answers the phone.

Thank you very much for your help and feedback.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@twinlesstwin Do you mean Samsung's Gallery app? What you are seeing is normal. I don't know why, but it is normal. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S20

@twinlesstwin Do you mean Samsung's Gallery app? What you are seeing is normal. I don't know why, but it is normal. 

0 Likes
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
🥺 Well, to my surprise, it is Samsung Gallery. But I don't know how I didn't know that. But I still have the same problem of my apps showing two Gallery's.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S20

@twinlesstwin As I mentioned earlier, this is normal. Don't know why, but it is.