Original topic:

UNLOCK

(Topic created: 03-14-2024 05:06 PM)
Missy01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Is there any way to unlock a phone without going through the phone company?
8 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Your cell carrier is the only place that can unlock your device to work on other carriers

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Missy01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I switched cell carriers & Unfortunately the new carrier told me I had to unlock my phone after she switched it over.....so when I called, they couldn't find my phone anymore because it had been removed already. Is there any other way?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
I would suggest going into your old carrier and see they should still have a record of the purchase and it being used on there system

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
gbcbryan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi there
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
There are companies that charge a fee for this service.

Check lock status

From apps, click settings, then connections, then more connection settings, see if network unlock is there, if it is select permanent unlock, if it isn't
Contact carrier and ask for it or when your eligible for it.

FCC states all carriers must unlock within 1 year if alls well with payments, etc.

Cheers

3fees
jonb58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Don't pay anyone to unlock a phone you might have to spend at least 30 minutes on you tube but there are step by step instruction videos on how to unlock any cell phone. I use them and they work and they are free
Missy01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Great! Thank you šŸ˜Š
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
You pay someone you can get your money back if it doesn't work. The fcc says the carrier has to unlock the phone ! These companies pay the carriers for providing them with codes as agents for them . I'd check with the fcc rules before doing it yourself. Better email the FCC and ask them. They either say yes its in our rules to do so or no it's not in the rules to do so.

Cheers

3fees
0 Likes