JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A couple bumps/molding imperfection on the side of a new S21 Plus

(Topic created: 03-13-2021 06:46 AM)
userC4fp548Kxv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi There, I just received my brand new S21 Plus (Black color) and on top left side of the device, there are two bump like imperfections (about an inch apart from one another) 

I am not sure of this is specific to my phone or a common issue, if anyone has this, please let me know.

Thanks.

userC4fp548Kxv_0-1615646765738.png

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userC4fp548Kxv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you everyone.  ChrisAllen, you might be right, this area has one of the antennas .  After you told me, i googled for a teardown video.  Couple different frames  in the below video show two tiny bumps in the same area as my phone, though they seem larger on my phone than the video, could just be my perception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voYbbwkg-yo

View solution in context

8 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userC4fp548Kxv 

Those are normal and not an imperfection. 

userC4fp548Kxv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for the response, I am surprised/disappointed to see this on a pricey device.  

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
As I zoom in on the photograph, it appears you still have the clear plastic protective strip that surrounds the outer edge of the phone.

After a couple days of ownership, I thought it odd there was this "odd texture" around the edge, but when I placed a bright LED light and looked closely, I discovered this really thin strip of protective plastic around the edge of the phone.

It appears your phone still has it. Simply take a fingernail to "release it" and peel it off.
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
that's the 5g antennas I think
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
nope ...
0 Likes
Solution
userC4fp548Kxv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you everyone.  ChrisAllen, you might be right, this area has one of the antennas .  After you told me, i googled for a teardown video.  Couple different frames  in the below video show two tiny bumps in the same area as my phone, though they seem larger on my phone than the video, could just be my perception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voYbbwkg-yo

user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
rwong.

As I said, when I zoom in on the photo, I clearly see the protective strip around the edge of your phone.

Mine had it - as I mentioned, take a fingernail and scratch at it lightly, the strip will pop loose, then peel it off around the outer edge of phone

It's NOT a 5g antenna
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
either way, I'm sure your phone is golden 🙂