Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 12:14 PM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
AberrantKapro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree.. This was the worst thing to wake up to

userUgW1OA3aJC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Please change this back. Very annoying. Don't want to download anything extra to make such a simple change.

usercOZRnSqYud
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Like so many others, I've signed in for pretty much the first time to say Samsung?

A page of apps in a folder could be condensed down to 25% of my screen...as mentioned by another user, I guess it's social distancing!?!

0 Likes
SamOfHaywood
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Just got the update today, it threw all of my folders out of whack,  why is it you can't provide us with options instead of forcing us to use things a certain way,  i mean  i don't see how having options for additional columns in folders can be such a big deal to add.

0 Likes
userixgreyU4rG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Waiting for resolution

0 Likes
userQX7WjVNSSB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I vote to have the option to choose as well. Having this force fed to me is annoying and why I never went iPhone. Might have to start looking at other brands like Pixel or One Plus.
0 Likes
usernv4JigxNXR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

How does this have 14 pages of people complaining that they do not like this and there is still no fix for this. And I use the word fix as this is a problem. I have mental illness and this issue is triggering them because certain things need to be how I set them. You can't randomly change every folder on my phone forcing them all to have multiple pages. 

This seems like a downgrade not an upgrade. An upgrade would have been adding the FEATURE to change the folder to 3,4,5 etc columns instead of limiting, changing and restricting them to only 3. 

I only made an account here to complain about the stupidity that was this change. 

Seriously this was so dumb. Who decided that this was a good idea to remove a good feature. 

0 Likes
Whatisgoingon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Back door fix...

Go to Samsung store install "Good Lock" app...
inside of the "Good Lock" app scroll down and click on "Home up"...
turn on this plug in by toggling to the right...
once on, click on folders then choose the size you like...
Not only is 4x4 an option but I tried 5x5 and am quite happy with this option...

Good luck all...
0 Likes
Steeler
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
use Goodluck app for customizing folders
0 Likes
Giffdev
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Plus 1, just got my new s21 ultra and I am shocked to only have 3 apps columns in my folders rather than the 4 I have on my s10+. Please bring this back