Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 12:14 PM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
userENUolArKkw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I've just committed the biggest mistake ever. I've just updated my note10+, to android 11. My phone is terribly slow, keeps closing pages and the new layout of folders 3×4 "Scratch that" the entire layout is just messed up and laggy. I want to downgrade ASAP. 

0 Likes
userDXnT6wUIiK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

FYI for the folder problem.  From what I understand Good Lock is a Samsung App that allows changing the number of apps in the folder back to 4x4.

0 Likes
DutchieinMobile
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
k, my phone just updated this morning and I have the same issue now!
@samsung978531: change this either back or give us options to choose a layout! This is ridiculous that you people keep making changes that NOBODY wants!
0 Likes
WellThisIsAwkward
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I cant find samsung store and in galaxy store there is not Good Lock app. Where I can find it?

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Good Lock is also available through the Play Store

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
WellThisIsAwkward
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Good lock did noihing to change the folder settings. 

0 Likes
userv3OQOQ9JvF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I was able to change the appearance via Good Lock...at least for now.

0 Likes