JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps open and force close

(Topic created: 11-12-2022 12:53 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra.  Over the past few weeks I've noticed apps that would open and then close immediately,  apps that open but when in use,  a function will cause it to force close.  
I've run anti virus and malware software but come up with nothing. Tech support had me reset my network settings but even after that it's still doing the same thing. 
If I restart my phone everything will work for a bit but it's a matter of time before the same thing happens. 
I've been told the next step is a "Factory Reset" which I've done before but rather not if there's another way to fix my problem. 

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm reconsidering doing a factory reset if this seems to be a more common problem than I'd thought. Perhaps there will be a fix???
0 Likes
galaxy6424
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Got the latest Android security patch update from 11/1/2022 and still having the exact same issue on Galaxy S22. I am on Android version 13, One UI version 5.0. If I restart my phone my apps will work for a little while, then the same issue comes up again. It started happening about 3 weeks ago.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm still on One UI 4.1 waiting for 5.0 hoping it would fix the problem. I'm not sure if there's going to be a fix or is a bug they need factory reset. All I know is I have to restart about 3-4 times a day just to get all my apps working. This blows.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
UPDATE ! !! !!!
After having to restart 5 times a day, I decided to do a factory reset. The good news is that my S21 ultra is running like the day I got it!
I believe this all started when I received a notification from the Galaxy Store about an instant game. If I played it they'd give me a new font. I figured it's the Galaxy Store. After playing it, I decided to try to delete it but couldn't find it and my fonts were changed to a cool font. Within a week of this happening I noticed apps were getting the "force close" after some use of my phone. I would restart it and all would be good till a few hours later. Well now I was restarting my cell over 5 times a day.
After the factory reset I decided to disable "auto update" in the galaxy store so no more quick games, no more surprises.
Thank you all for your input.
0 Likes