JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth Skipping with S21 Ultra and UCONNECT

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 10:01 AM)
AshleyNeil
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I got the new S21Ultra and I  am having issues with my Bluetooth having unbearable skipping when trying to play media through our 2011 Dodge UCONNECT system. I've tried a few different things with no fix.  My previous S9+ had no issues. Also no issues when connected to any other Bluetooth devices so far. Recent software update didn't fix the issue. 

11 Replies
userWPCuDbqcwt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Definitely the S21 Ultra.  Mine skipped on a 2018 vehicle with Ford Sync, a 2021 vehicle with Sync and a 2021 vehicle with uConnect 4.  Age of the car appears to have nothing to do with it in my experience.  I did a factory reset on the phone twice, along with unpair/pair at both ends (phone and car).  I've been left wondering if Samsung just had supply chain issues on their Bluetooth hardware during the pandemic at this point.

I've since traded the S21 Ultra in for a Z Flip3 and my Bluetooth skipping issues have gone away completely.

Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I understand how frustrating this issue can be. I would recommend that you make sure that your phone is up to date on its software and try clearing the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

If these steps don't work I recommend that you reach out to the developer. You will be able to find their contact information in the google play store.