JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't set custom ringtones on S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-17-2021 05:43 AM)
SunsetLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've tried everything I could find on the internet about this and nothing works. 
SunsetLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Since changing permissions hasn't worked, I guess I've got a lemon here.
0 Likes
SunsetLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
If you can change them. Since I can't, this has proven to be rather time consuming trying all of your suggestions and those I've found on the internet. And nothing works!!
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had no problems, I use zedge for ringtones and notification sounds
0 Likes
SunsetLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
And you've been able to set different Ringtones for different contacts on the S21 Ultra? I use Zedge but could only change the main Ringtone.
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
absolutely, I have different ringtones for an contacts and separate sounds
0 Likes
SunsetLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've gone back over the steps and still can't do it. I've had nothing but problems with this phone, so I think it must be a lemon. Thank you for trying to help me though!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You must be missing a step in my previous directions ... or Storage permission is not allowed.

That method works on my wife's S21 and my Ultra, and is a published standard, to set a custom ringtone for each individual contact

EDIT: or you have a carrier-locked/specific phone and they've disabled or changed the configuration
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
I just tried to send you a screenshot of one of my contacts showing the godfather theme ringtone bit couldn't figure out how to do it, sorry
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Here's a screenshot showing a contact with a custom ringtone

clipboard_image_1615986266421_1615986266421.jpg

0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
funny mine doesn't look like that, how did you put a screenshot on samsung members, couldn't figure it out
0 Likes