JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra notification and ringtone volume changing on it's own

(Topic created: 03-20-2021 04:11 PM)
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

Looking for some advice, yesterday while phone was in front of me, I got a call and it didn't ring, after the phone call I looked at my most basic setting and instead of my phone set to"sound"it was on silent, I never set that, so, I switched it back to sound and just a little while ago I got a text message and no sound, I have all my contacts set with different notification sounds, so again, I went back to my settings and it was now on vibrate,I have not made those switches, the phone seems to be doing it on its own! Any advice would be appreciated, my phone's is the ultra.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

If the issue does not happen while in safe mode, this means a third party app is causing the issue. If you have tried all of the steps in this thread, a reset is recommended next before opting for repairs. Here is an article for completing a reset:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

For repair options you are welcome to visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair options, or you can call us directly at 1-800-726-7864 for ship-in options. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

8 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. Have you installed any new apps recently?

Do you experience these symptoms with specific apps or all apps?

Do you notice any patterns to the symptom you are experiencing?

Have you tested your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/