JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen dims during phone calls

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 04:49 AM)
hmcfly
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
  • I have a problem with my phone going dim while making a phone call I have hearing aids so I don't need to hold it to my ear so while I'm making  a phone call I'm looking at the screen  and it keeps going dim on me I've  sent the time for 10 min adaptive  screen is turned off and it still goes dim any ideas thanks so much

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
During a call, the phone is directing a significant amount of power towards the antenna. Unless there is touch interaction, the display will automatically dim after approximately 10 seconds and then turn off after 30 seconds. This is a system level setting to conserve battery and prevent overheating that cannot be altered natively.

View solution in context

3 Replies
humour
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Create a routine. When on call keep screen on. I hate it too. It's been like this forever, not only in S24
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
During a call, the phone is directing a significant amount of power towards the antenna. Unless there is touch interaction, the display will automatically dim after approximately 10 seconds and then turn off after 30 seconds. This is a system level setting to conserve battery and prevent overheating that cannot be altered natively.
hmcfly
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks that makes sense
0 Likes