I don't know if I can clear out my deleted pictures

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

On Samsung Galaxy phones, deleted pictures are usually moved to a separate folder called "Trash" or "Recycle Bin" in the Gallery app. The purpose of this folder is to provide a temporary storage for deleted items in case you accidentally delete something and need to recover it.

To clear out your deleted pictures permanently from the Trash folder, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Gallery app on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
  2. Look for a section or album called "Trash" or "Recycle Bin." It is usually located in the Albums tab or the main screen of the Gallery app.
  3. Tap on the "Trash" or "Recycle Bin" album to view the deleted pictures.
  4. Once you are in the Trash folder, you can select the pictures you want to permanently delete.
  5. Tap on the "Delete" or "Empty Trash" option, which is usually represented by a trash bin icon or an option in the menu.
  6. Confirm the deletion when prompted.

Please note that once you delete pictures from the Trash folder, they cannot be recovered unless you have a backup of those images.

The specific steps may vary slightly depending on the version of the Gallery app or the customization made by Samsung for your device. If you are unable to locate the Trash folder or need further assistance, I recommend referring to the user manual or contacting Samsung support for precise instructions related to your Samsung Galaxy phone model.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

On Samsung Galaxy phones, deleted pictures are usually moved to a separate folder called "Trash" or "Recycle Bin" in the Gallery app. The purpose of this folder is to provide a temporary storage for deleted items in case you accidentally delete something and need to recover it.

To clear out your deleted pictures permanently from the Trash folder, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Gallery app on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
  2. Look for a section or album called "Trash" or "Recycle Bin." It is usually located in the Albums tab or the main screen of the Gallery app.
  3. Tap on the "Trash" or "Recycle Bin" album to view the deleted pictures.
  4. Once you are in the Trash folder, you can select the pictures you want to permanently delete.
  5. Tap on the "Delete" or "Empty Trash" option, which is usually represented by a trash bin icon or an option in the menu.
  6. Confirm the deletion when prompted.

Please note that once you delete pictures from the Trash folder, they cannot be recovered unless you have a backup of those images.

The specific steps may vary slightly depending on the version of the Gallery app or the customization made by Samsung for your device. If you are unable to locate the Trash folder or need further assistance, I recommend referring to the user manual or contacting Samsung support for precise instructions related to your Samsung Galaxy phone model.