Original topic:

Don't upgrade to OneUI 6.1 for all S21 Ultra

(Topic created: Tuesday)
bennykoay
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all

Since May 2024 updates, I have problem with my S21 Ultra and have to use the old phone. June 2024, did not help. Reset, Soft Reset, Factory Reset or whatsoever, is not helping. 

DO NOT UPGRADE to One UI 6.1 yet.

Thank you.

5 Replies
bendroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Latest update for June rendered my S21 Ultra useless off of WiFi. Called Verizon and they verified they are receiving a lot of reports that the latest update broke mobile data for S21 and S22 phones. It's so bad that Verizon is offering to replace your phone with the same model and advising not to update it... This is wild. Some real Apple level treachery.
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine is fine
0 Likes
CarbonT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, my S22 Ultra is fine, but my wifes is having issues. The only time she can use hers is if she's on wifi - and that's for calls/text/internet...

We've done everything to try and fix it without paying someone to actually doing surgery on the phone to see if it's a hardware problem because of the software updates.

The only fix AT&T is telling her is to upgrade to a 24.. Definitely unacceptable!
0 Likes
MsRowan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Tooooo late ...... and they won't undo the damage
0 Likes
ARandomS21FE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My older brother has an S21 Ultra of 6.1 and he has 0 issues, seems like a Verizon and AT&T issue since he's using TMobile
0 Likes