JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GALAXY S21 5G SCRATCH ON SCREEN - NORMAL USAGE

(Topic created: 05-04-2021 11:13 AM)
Andres1984GALAXYS21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It's been nearly two months since I bought the Galaxy S21 5G and this morning I noticed a deep scratch at the bottom center of the screen display right where I usually touch with my finger or fingernails sometimes to scroll up or down.

I feel very disappointed since I have been a galaxy user since S7 edge and none of my previous  galaxy devices had never experienced a single scratch on the screen. 

Even though I still keep my last S9 and holds not a single scratch on the screen display. 

I do not really know what to do.

I read on previous posts there is a factory screen protector installed on some devices but I am pretty sure mine does not have one pre-installed.

I would appreciate some support on this matter because I am afraid this is just the beginning

4 Replies
Tel864
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, I heard that but it doesn't, at least on mine and a couple more I looked at, at least in the US. The Qualcomm models have the new fingerprint sensor from Qualcomm that's supposed to allow any screen protector to work so Samsung left it off. The Exynos models don't have that enhanced sensor so they got the Screensaver.
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

The US variant of the S21 series, all models, do not come pre-installed with a screen protector. Typical "wear and tear" like scratches or other small dents/dings are not covered under the limited warranty. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

sm1ke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have an S21 Ultra 512gb (SM-G998W). I live in Canada, and I ordered it directly through Samsung.com. My phone definitely has a preinstalled screen protector. Initially I thought it didn't, so I ordered a 3rd party protector and installed it. After taking a closer look, I can see that there is indeed a preinstalled protector underneath the 3rd party protector I installed. The cutout for the front-facing camera is a dead giveaway (refer to my photo below - sorry for the lowish quality, photo was taken using the front facing camera in the bathroom mirror).

Maybe Samsung doesn't call this a "screen protector" and that's why moderators say there isn't one, but there's definitely a protector of some kind (and no, its not the same "protector" that has a little pull tab to assist in pulling it off of a brand new phone).

20210504_143927.jpg

Tel864
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Maybe it's the Canadian models then or just the Ultra, but US Qualcomm models have no screensaver according to Samsung.
0 Likes