Original topic:

Galaxy Theme error "IMEI or (MEID) is empty"

(Topic created: 05-30-2024 07:02 AM)
dbrinson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

When trying to download a Galaxy Theme I get an error message that something went wrong while opening Galaxy Theme.  Error:  IMEI(or MEID) is empty.  When I check the SIM card status the IMEI is there; however the MEID has unknow in the field.  Is there a fix to this issue as I encountered it several time using other apps when trying to download and when I try to login into Samsung Account from the devise.

2 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@dbrinson From this Telecommunications site  -> "A Mobile Equipment IDentifier (MEID) is a globally unique 56-bit identification number for a physical piece of mobile station equipment. Equipment identifiers are "burned" into a device and should be resistant to modification. "

It isn't tied to a SIM card. If this is really missing, that can be a problem. Where did you purchase your phone? 

0 Likes
dbrinson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I purchased the phone on Amazon a year ago.  I did change from Metro T-Mobile to Verizon on 05/13/2024 and that's when the issue started.  Prior to that devise was working great. I was told to do a factory reset, which I did and that did not resolve the error.  Every other function on the phone appears to be working okay, and I can find a work around for this problem, but it will require more steps to accomplish.

0 Likes