JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Got UI 6.1 and now it keeps saying I need to install UI 6.1

(Topic created: 06-26-2024 08:59 PM)
RyceBall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I already sent an error report but I'll post here as well. I have a S21 Ultra (T-Mobile) that I just updated to UI 6.1 (Android 14) about an hour ago. The update is complete (I can clip objects from photos) but now the system keeps saying that there's a new update available and I need to download and install it....UI 6.1. I checked my system just to double check that I actually had the update and, yes, my phone is running UI 6.1 and yet it still claims that I need to update to that same system. I humored my phone and hit update. Same problem. Within 30 seconds of me unlocking my phone after the update was complete, it states that there's a new update and I need to download/install UI 6.1. Out of an abundance of caution, I restarted my phone (no updating this time) to see if this would solve the issue. No. Still requesting that I update and telling me my phone will auto update in a few days despite already having the new software.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
shhhhhhhhh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Secret time
0 Likes
shhhhhhhhh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Me too
0 Likes
Members_iADM3ID
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

First update this morning (after 3am initial that I scheduled) took 30 minutes, which is a little long. Then I could not use my phone to respond to an important text message because it was sluggish and acting up. Then my phone (S21 Ultra) started the update again and took another 30 minutes. At this point it is operating fine, but one hour downtime on my phone in the morning was not a good start to the day. 

0 Likes
userQOjzFXz93z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had the same problem today. I let it do it again and now for a third time in less than 24hrs it wants to download and install. This is ridiculous.
0 Likes
RyceBall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Third time should be the charm. I followed angelg4's advice (the accepted solution) and after the third update everything ran smoothly. Irritating, yes, but there is an end
0 Likes