Original topic:

Hate the update

(Topic created: Monday)
wbthyme
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I hate that if I want to scroll sideways in either direction to view apps, or items on Amazon, etc that both left and right slide no matter how high on the screen are BOTH back buttons. It doesn't even make sense. I hate it so much. In addition, why can't the recent apps drawer be pulled up unless you're already in an app? Who approved of this? 
5 Replies
ARandomS21FE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
You can use buttons, and you can access recent apps without being in an app, you just swipe up and hold
wbthyme
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The buttons are clunky and ugly too. Thanks for the info on the swipe up + hold, but it still takes 3-5 seconds for it to register the action.
ARandomS21FE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Ah don't worry too much about it, you will get used to it and when you do it'll feel and be much faster than it feels right now. I noticed that you don't have to hold that long, you just swipe up, stop swiping without letting go of the screen, and then let go of the screen. It should be faster
0 Likes
wbthyme
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
That's exactly what I do and it still takes 3-5 seconds every time! Tbh I'm starting to consider switching to Apple (cringe). I can't scroll anything that side-scrolls like Amazon suggestions, images on Marketplace listings, or photo listings in general without it activating the back button. I've tried staying even exactly in the center of the screen but it still registers it as a back action, and with both sides of the screen registering as back swipes for...some reason...it's just overall really annoying. I can swipe once over and it might work but then registers the back button despite me swiping the exact same way. If I look through photos on Facebook it will refresh to the top of the app so I'll lose my place and overall I really, greatly dislike it.
0 Likes
ARandomS21FE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmm, for the back gestures you can go to settings > display > navigation bar > more options

From there you should be able to lower the sensitivity.

If not you can go to the Galaxy store and download good lock and install the navstar module where you can edit it more finely (and if you decided to use buttons it has different button styles available)
0 Likes