JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I get apps to play their own notifications

(Topic created: 02-24-2021 10:42 AM)
Juggernautt31
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't want all my apps to notifying me with the same default notification sound. Each app would automatically play its own. Like snap chat and Facebook. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You can add custom notification sound files. Simply use a file manager to move sound files to the
Internal storage -> Notifications
subdirectory

Unfortunately, functionality changes with new generations of phones ... so what one had "before" most likely won't work on today's phones : )

View solution in context

3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to

Settings -> Notifications

You will see a list of apps, and just below those 2-3 listed apps, there is a "More" option - tap it.

You are now at the "App Notifications" screen, listing all the apps.

So, let's try a couple of different examples - let's use the Samsung Members app first.

Tap on Samsung Member app in the list.

You will see a number of options, with the "on / off" toggle to turn the notification off.

Do you see one named "Notices from Samsung Members"?

TAP THE LEFT SIDE of that option, NOT THE "on off" toggle on the right side.

Now you will see a new screen, where you can customize different options and ONE OF THOSE is:

"Sound" .... tap on it and you can change the sound type.

===== Okay, so let's try another example that everyone has ====

At the "App Notifications" screen, where all the apps are listed, let's select "Clock"

Remember, let's tap on the LEFT SIDE of the "Clock" text.

Now we are at the "Notifications - Clock" screen

So, let's choose "Timers' (or "Bedtime" or "Missed Alarms" ... your choice) ...but REMEMBER to TAP THE LEFT side of the choice, NOT the "on off" toggle button.

Okay, now we are at the "Bedtime" Notification Category screen.

See the "Sound" option ... tap that and change to whatever sound you wish.
Juggernautt31
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
thank you. but in my last phone the apps would have their own notification tones versus selecting a Samsung tone for every app.
0 Likes
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You can add custom notification sound files. Simply use a file manager to move sound files to the
Internal storage -> Notifications
subdirectory

Unfortunately, functionality changes with new generations of phones ... so what one had "before" most likely won't work on today's phones : )