JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to share HEIF photos as JPG?

(Topic created: 12-08-2021 06:35 PM)
Angel815
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung Galaxy S21+ One UI 4 (Android 12)

In One UI 3 (Android 11) the Gallery app would automatically convert HEIF photos to JPG when sharing from the Gallery app. Now that I'm on One UI 4 (Android 12) the Gallery app no longer has the option of sharing HEIF photos as JPG. This is a big issue as I can no longer share photos in certain apps such as Discord.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi the setting is hidden in the labs settings. Go to the gallery app / settings/ about Gallery / tap on the version number a bunch of times and you will see gallery labs is enabled. the setting to auto convert when sharing will be in the labs settings

Screenshot_20211209-084448_Gallery.jpg

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi the setting is hidden in the labs settings. Go to the gallery app / settings/ about Gallery / tap on the version number a bunch of times and you will see gallery labs is enabled. the setting to auto convert when sharing will be in the labs settings

Screenshot_20211209-084448_Gallery.jpg
Starscreen
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21

This doesn't work when I try to share pictures in discord.

0 Likes
userR5BiwDfqYp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have same issue (unable to save or send photos taken with iPhone and sent to my S21 android). Followed above instructions but do not get above list. My Samsung version is 13.1.05.15.

Would love to be able to save some of the photos I receive from an iPhone.

0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Seems there are many problems with UI4. I'm still experiencing freeze / random restarts. IOS is looking better every day.
0 Likes
Angel815
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I feel like OneUI 4 (Android 12) was not ready for release and the botched December update just made the entire situation look bad. I didn't get the December patch until January 10th.
0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I agree. Very frustrating that Samsung has not come out with a fix.
0 Likes
Suezqoboca
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have Ultra 20 & cannot share into Shutterfly or other Photo companies. I tried Saving as .jpg, but still wouldn't accept them. I took 650 photos & 1/2 was saved as HEIC.
0 Likes