Original topic:

How to turn Amazon app into dark mode

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 11:52 AM)
CIII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok before u get someone telling me that all you need to do is go to developer options and scroll to forcedark mode...... that's been done and the Phone is in dark mode. 
Is there any way to turn that app into dark mode? It use to be able to turn into dark mode but now it doesn't. Can anyone help with this? The app is so **bleep** bright. 
Thanking you in advance 
Carl
0 Likes
16 Replies
Mr-C
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Well, to be honest there was a glitch. Whenctyping textcinto the search bar, the text blended in with background rather than contrast. If Amazon received enough compliant. They may have deleted the access.
0 Likes
TheOriginalSJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Done some experimentation with this... the last version of Amazon working with dark mode is 28.9.2.100,  released 1 May 2024. I've installed from APKMirror and disabled auto updates in the Play Store.

They've disabled it from 28.10.0.100 onwards. šŸ˜ž

blast0id
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for this info, I wonder how long it will work for...

0 Likes
Carbon Ziro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks a ton, this works!

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

If it's too bright and you can't find a way to put it in dark mode, because you don't want to use a sketchy app to do it, you can always a) lower the brightness level of your phone when you want to use the app or b) apply a color filter over the app to dull the brightness (there's a quick panel button for this--you may have to add it). The default color is a blue overlay, but you can long click the icon and change the overlay color or saturation level.  Using the brightness control or color overlay makes it a quick adjustment for when you use/stop using the app.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

One could also request from Amazon developers that they allow the app to accept dark mode.  feedback-amazon-app-android@amazon.com.  (if the contact information disappears, the info is available on the app page in the Play store under "app support".)

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Ugh, that still didn't work.
0 Likes