Original topic:

Jumping back to blank homescreen.

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userspazz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
But that blank with my background screen does nothing you tap home button again then goes back to original with apps & clock. Phone is updated to most recent update as of yesterday. Problem still exists
0 Likes
18 Replies
userspazz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Would clearing cache partition help
0 Likes
userspazz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Already did that
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to convey here.  Are you saying that you are trying to have a completely blank home screen with no apps or widgets, but when you do that, and then go back to the home screen, the apps are there cluttering up your screen?

Do you have the home and apps screen enabled?  If you only have home screen enabled, the app screen becomes your home screen and the apps you installed will show up.  If you enable home and apps screen, you can delete the shortcuts from your home screen and still access them from the app screen.

I'm curious, though, why you would want a blank home screen, most people want to the quickest way to get to their apps, which means putting their most used apps on the home screen where they can easily get to them.

If this is not what you are saying, please elaborate.

0 Likes
userspazz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
No, when I tap home button from apps it goes to a blank screen that does nothing, then I have to tap the home screen again, go to my home screen
0 Likes
userspazz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Like this 1718295818549.jpg
0 Likes
userspazz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Then tap again and goes to my homescreen1718295990885.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

That's odd.  It looks like you have three pages of home screen (the three little dots at the bottom). Is it possible the first one is blank?  Click on a blank area of your screen so that it shrinks down, and you will see all three pages, if there is a blank one, click the trashcan on top of it and delete that screen.

Screenshot_20240613_123753_One UI Home.jpg

If that's not it, have you tried rebooting your phone into recovery mode and clearing the cache partition? Do you perform regular optimizations of your phone?

userspazz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok I did delete that blank screen hopefully that's it. Thanks realaud
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

If that fixed it, can you please mark that as the solution? Thanks.

0 Likes