Original topic:

One UI 6.1 made my 21 ultra a paper weight

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Dragonwolf85
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
When the latest software rolled i installed it and immediately after phone calls in and out could not happen. Data went to just LTE and barely actually worked, texting worked flawlessly however first thought it was a sim issue but after exaughsting all the trouble shooting options, the samsung tech as well as AT&T found no hardware issues leaving only the software to be the only culprit. The samsung service techs near me said the software update needs rolled back or in samsung terms flushed, however they have not recieved this updates required software in the system to be able to do this. Samsungs response became then you must oay us $107 that could go up or down for us to take your phone to our main center and perform the flush needed.( up and down pricing based on if they find any other issues with the hardware) SAMSUNG SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO CHARGE TO FIX SOMETHING THAT THEIR AS WE ALL KNOW BECOMES FORCED UPDATE CAUSED!!!!!! FIX THESE PHONES FREE OR DO WE NEED TO ORGANIZE AND COME FOR MORE! THAT SAID I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER DEVICE BUT I HAVE A LAPTOP, FLIP PHONE CAN STILL GET, IM ONLY 39 USE MY PHONE FOR WORK BUT WILL FIGURE IT OUT JUST SAD!
7 Replies
DrewPoi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I feel you man. Sounds like a class action lawsuit to send somebody out and update that bricks a phone and then charge them for fixing it. And while im here complaining bout 6.1. I want the DEVs to know that I want my hold home for the assistant feature back. What kinda lunatic thought they should use change that the home button does? So frustrating. Imagine Ford getting rid of the volume knob on your radio and just told you to yell at it and have it listen to you 24/7 so you could select a different volume with speech. That's basically how I feel now that you wanna force me to use Circle to search or whatever AI BS that is. At least give me the option to go back instead of removing it completely.
AdRoz78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

You're lucky, my S21 Ultra doesn't even TURN ON after the update.

userL7HTw8uUCu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here. What was your next step? I called Samsung Support and I have an appointment with a local authorized shop. Let's see what they say. 

Frank1jv
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, system update changed all my permissions for each app and I had to go thru each app and reset them. Also messed up Calender, display and other settings. Not to mention the stupid Google meets app crashing my Samsung messaging text app for a day and a half. Why should a Google app update crash a Samsung app. Why was system update not tested enough to make sure it didn't mess up my notifications, permissions and sign me out of my apps. Very poorly done for such a big company. Never had an iPhone but may have to consider switching.
Baby Bear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yeah, there's nothing quite like being told that since your phone is out of warranty you'll have to pay to fix the issue they created. And I've been told that people who've managed to roll back the update no loner suffer from these issues.

userVFZiYYd0aq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
After the last Samsung upgrade I could no longer send or receive text messages. I bought this Samsung Galaxy Ultra 23 in February. SAMSUNG what are you going to do to fix this????? I'm not paying for you to fix it. So please come up with an upgrade to fix this issue. Others it appears are having issues too.
SteveyB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have just put a separate post up regarding WiFi turning itself off on my S21 Ultra. Definitely update related. I factory reset my phone and still a problem. A power recycle may help for a bit but comes back and gets worse. 

I noticed today that when I try activate wifi from the pull down options the WiFi and Bluetooth indicator both go on and off a few times before wifi seems to give up. Wifi indicator goes on...Bluetooth off...then Bluetooth comes back and at a random time between 5 seconds and sometimes up to 10 mins the wifi turns off again.

So frustrating that serious issues turn up after the update.