JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Knox issues since Feb Security Update

(Topic created: 02-15-2022 09:09 AM)
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I have been experiencing some issues with biometrics and Knox security.  Apps that used to require them such as financial applications, carrier apps, and other sensitive applications are no longer requiring biometrics to login despite the requirement switched on.   A factory reset of the device does not fox this.  I can confirm that I have seen multiple people experiencing this issue where biometrics are somehow being bypassed easily at any point.   All apps are up to date as well.  Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this at all.  
- Ibuddy66

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, I know how frustrating it is trying to access an app and not receive the prompt for the fingerprint log-in. I recommend submitting an error report through the Members app when the issue occurs again. https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/how-to-report-error-using-samsung-members-applicat...  

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, I know how frustrating it is trying to access an app and not receive the prompt for the fingerprint log-in. I recommend submitting an error report through the Members app when the issue occurs again. https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/how-to-report-error-using-samsung-members-applicat...  

userK2ymlpIZej
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
When samsung pass on my s21+5G had me scan fingerprint, I attempted to scan fingerprint, received an error message. Now I am stuck Samaung pass keep asking for my fingerprint after I had to change password 3rd time ( due to frustrating Google services issue with password every few months. We'll it could not have registered a fingerprint in biometrics when all I got was errors. BUT NOW DOES NOT REXOGNIZE. PLEASE is there a way of resetting fingerprint since there is not actually valid one, WITHOUT RESETING MY PHONE, STARTING OVER AND LOSING POSSIBLY EVERYTHING. My t-mobile Business service through employer I 90% is roaming on at&t network registerwd on netwrk(unstable 5g to 4g) or using wifi and even more unstable. However, my company pays bills for roaming etc. since I AM in rural nevada area for very extended time and only at&t and verizon have towers here. Anyway...only mentioning the network area I am using to explain that resetting everything up having to access cloud and backups will take possibly days without my traveling over better. ANYQAY SORRY FOR GOING ON How can I reset fingerprint? Why does biometric not realize that it never even recognized not even 1 tap, let alone the many it made me do originally and said at end of setup scan unable to scan but it still ask and I am afraid to put finger on spot for the LAST ATTEMPT, and have my phone shut my phone down for security... Anyway..to make sure you understand.. I do not use wallet aor anything to use biometrixs...but everytime I need to change my Google password I get thrown into samsung pass EVEN WITH ALL VERIFICATION TO GOOGLE DONE!
AGAIN I appreciate any assistance possible
0 Likes
userK2ymlpIZej
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
P.S. I AM TRULY SORRY FOR THE NOVEL just at wits end therefore over explaining! šŸ˜ž
0 Likes