JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Landscape videos playback are upside down (Top Down Shot)

(Topic created: 08-02-2021 11:59 AM)
ZeroCoolHackers
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey y'all,

I've been searching all over and haven't been able to find a really good answer that makes sense to me, so figured I'd prod the community and see if you guys and gals can help me out.

I have a small youtube channel (hand channel), that I record videos top-down, the phone is mounted in such a way the recording is in landscape mode and I can see what I'm recording on the main screen (looking down) as I record my hands (it's not a cooking channel, but it's the same recording concept). 

The recording is flawless, however, when I playback the video on my phone it's always upside down, so I have to go in and edit the video to rotate it the correct way before I watch it.

Any idea's how I can correct this or what could be causing this? As I'm recording top-down, what I'm seeing on the screen looks perfect, just the playback show's it upside down. 

Thanks, Y'all!

4 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

if you record top-down, isn't this still in portrait mode? 

i'm not sure what you mean by "record in landscape mode" and "recording top-down" 

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's a bug from the camera app

0 Likes
ZeroCoolHackers
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

The phone is mounted vertically instead of horizontally. But, when I watch it back after the recording it plays back upside down. I have to edit and rotate it to the correct orientation to watch it. 

0 Likes
Solution
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

so rotate the device to landscape and make sure the tree icons and other camera options on the left side are rotated as well in order for the video to not come out as you said. 

ZeroCoolHackers
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So I was putting it in my phone mount and then turning the camera on to record. I think this caused it to get confused about the orientation. 

So I took the phone, turned on the video, made a slow deliberate rotation to landscape, then mounted the phone top down and started recording. This fixed the issue!

Thanks for getting me on the right track!