Original topic:

No more Google Assistant on Home Button

(Topic created: 05-26-2024 11:58 AM)
andrewkomic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

I have a Samsung s21+ and I recently enabled 'circle to search' in the latest update, which is activated when I hold down the home button.

However, the CtS feature has overridden the Google assistant when I hold down the Home Button, which I use the Assistant quite often, so when I disabled CtS.

But now when I hold the home button, nothing happens now. The only way to activate the assistant is to slide my finger from the bottom corners (which I'm not a fan of, especially if I'm accidently hitting the back button or the background apps button)

How can I re-enable the Google Assistant to the home button?

userchjCaXwTAS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This is actually the best advice I've found, because after downloading RegiStar and enabling double tapping on my phone, when I tap my S22 it triggers Google assistant and I can conveniently voice set my alarm or ask to recognize whichever song is playing at Chipotle that I want to know the name of. This made it easy once again after the last Android update made the Home button access Circle to Search where Google results gave written steps to get Assistant working that were totally wrong.

B3njammin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Navstar will also allow you to use Google Assistant or Gemini, AND Circle to Search, with Samsung Gestures instead of Google/Android gesture system
breakfastchef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I now resort to 'Hey Google' to activate the Assistant feature.
0 Likes
andrewkomic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Me to my phone: "Hey Google"
Phone: .....

Me to my phone: "Hey Google!!"
Phone: .....

Me when talking to my friend and my phone is across the room: "You should google it"
Phone: WHAT'S UP BRO??

Me when talking to my friend: "Wanna go for drinks afterwards?"
Phone: WHATS HAPPENING OUT THERE??
Me: "I didn't even say Google, man"

stagger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21