Original topic:

No notifications for text messages

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 02:54 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello,

After the most recent upgrade I no longer receive visual notification of a new text message. I can hear the notification. I checked all my settings and they're set to allow notifications.

Can anyone help?
9 Replies
MrGhoul
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Try clearing the cache and restarting your phone. Most times, that solves alot of problems.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for answering. I did this, but I still don't receive notifications. The latest upgrade was anything but an upgrade.😐
MrGhoul
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Turn off notifications for the text app, then on again. Turn phone off for 1 min, then Turn phone on again. This has worked for me in the past. The 6.1 update is causing problems and changing things around for the worse I hear.
0 Likes
Members_gilaFou
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I've been having the same problem since the update well updates because I think it is for like 3 days in a row I had an update SMH

0 Likes
JML518
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
And you won't
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
And I didn't.
0 Likes
Gregory502
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having a similar issue.  I get no notification of a text message.  I get notification on my watch, but there is no audible notification.  Also, I can't even find the menu options to change the notification.  I have loaded Messages - three dots - settings - notifications, and there isn't an option to change the alert, just to allow sound and vibration, or silent.  I got an update just a few days ago. Running One UI Version 6.1, and Android 14.

I haven't cleared any app data, or cache yet, as it seems to me it is a bigger issue, not that, but I'm not a programmer/tech support either.

userbDkzJydKGB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I receive text messages but no notifications
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried wiping the cache partition of the device? Check this out and see if it helps:  How to Wipe Cache Partition on Samsung Galaxy Devices Running Android 12 or Above (thedroidguy.com) 

0 Likes