JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6.1 keeps needing to be installed?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 just received the 6.1 update and I installed it. After installation the phone starts normally but then it wants to install it again. I did that once but, after restarting, it still wants to install the update. I paused it and now it's telling me it will install it on Sunday 6/23. How do I terminate this loop?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21

The third time was the charm and the loop is no longer in play. Oddly enough, each of the first two times it installed it completely finished, optimized all apps and told me the installation was complete. Clearly something is going on but at least it's now fixed.

View solution in context

8 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Just let it install again. Maybe it didn't really complete.
zippy_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Also having this issue after having installed 3 times and restarted all 3 times. Is this update bugged?

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

send an error report via the contact us in settings/general management.

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21

The third time was the charm and the loop is no longer in play. Oddly enough, each of the first two times it installed it completely finished, optimized all apps and told me the installation was complete. Clearly something is going on but at least it's now fixed.

user6jOlv2KnOi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The update is broken. And now ur phone is broken
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Luckily my phone is not as smart as you as it thinks it's working fine after the third install. Go figure.

jonnyrn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine keeps doing the same thing. On day 4
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

It may well have been coincidence but before I had it try to install for the third time I shut the phone down in stead of restarting and then restarted it while unplugged, i.e. running off the battery, and left it alone for maybe half an hour. That worked and it finally installed properly.

0 Likes