Original topic:

Phone is stuck on the lock screen since update to ui 6.1

(Topic created: 06-23-2024 11:23 PM)
Chromaxander
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
S21 ultra won't respond to touch pad after booting from the update. The phone looks normal but won't work, I've tried side button amd volume down, side button and both volume up/down. Nothing seems to resolve the issue. Has anyone found a way to correct this issue? 
Thanks 
11 Replies
userH7IxStcRCI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here!

Options
Galaxy S21
Try clearing the phones cache and rebooting.
Last method is a reset. You still maybe able to backup the phone first with smartswitch on pc
0 Likes
Chromaxander
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried to clear the cache and reset it and nothing. Still no touch screen.
Options
Galaxy S21
If you have a PC try downloading Samsung smartswitch and plugging in the phone to smartswiitch it has alot of options and it may fix it.
Also try plugging in android auto (if you have that) something to trigger the screen.
Also if you have a screen protector take it off for now.
danny66990
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Android Auto no longer recognises the device as compatible 

0 Likes
msmht
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here
0 Likes
Faraimunashe Mutata
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Mine too also waiting for the solution

0 Likes
Chromaxander
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
S pen works,had two updates and still won't read without the s pen.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, if the touchscreen is not working - first try the following troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10001974/ 

If these troubleshooting steps don't work, the next step is to have your device diagnosed by an authorized service center.  You can find a local walk in service center here: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or you can set your own service up with an authorized technician to have your device shipped in here: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

0 Likes