JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Picture rotating, but saved video is not

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 10:16 AM)
userKC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

1st I see the same question being asked on different galaxy platforms. The answer are not address the problem because of miscommunication.  My auto rotation button is on and it works fine "for photos" however if you are recording a video in portrait, and while recording rotate your phone to landscape.  It will rotate as you are recording.  But when you look at the saved video, it did not save the rotation. I hope I explained that well enough to get this issue addressed. So basically if you start recording in portrait and want to switch to landscape.  You must stop recording, turn your phone in new landscape position then start recording again. Any fixes to this issue?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userKC I think this is normal operation. You can edit the video post shoot to get the orientation you need. It requires spitting the video at the rotation(s), rotating the parts of interest, and then rejoining the parts together. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userKC I think this is normal operation. You can edit the video post shoot to get the orientation you need. It requires spitting the video at the rotation(s), rotating the parts of interest, and then rejoining the parts together.