JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Place S21 Text messages app on home screen?

(Topic created: 11-28-2021 07:45 PM)
Pat1967
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I can not bring my text message app to my home screen for easy access to text.. ...ughhh

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pat1967
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok, so I went to settings, selected Home Screen, saw a Hide Apps option. Clicked on it, and saw the messages app was on the hidden apps option. Clicked the red minus line on it to unhide it. Clicked DONE. And voila, showed back up on my screen with all other apps. And now was able to drag it back to the bottom of my home screen.

View solution in context

4 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Which app?  Did you locate it in the app drawer, long press on it and drag it down or over to a screen?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Pat1967
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, I've tried adding it to a folder to drag it out of the folder and on to my bottom apps for instant access. But it just won't budge. Was having same issue with the maps app. But that one finally came back up on its own.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I have noticed that sometimes an app must first be dragged from the app drawer to an empty space on a panel and then it can be dragged into a folder.  Other than that, have you rebooted? Made sure "Lock Home Screen Layout" in One UI settings is OFF? Deleted system cache? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Solution
Pat1967
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok, so I went to settings, selected Home Screen, saw a Hide Apps option. Clicked on it, and saw the messages app was on the hidden apps option. Clicked the red minus line on it to unhide it. Clicked DONE. And voila, showed back up on my screen with all other apps. And now was able to drag it back to the bottom of my home screen.