JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Received messages are unlocking my phone screen

(Topic created: Tuesday)
TonyGSD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm not sure if this is related to a recent software update, but every time I get a text message, it unlocks my screen. I've always had message notifications set to pop up a detailed preview of the received message, but it does not unlock the screen, and it goes back to sleep in 1-2 seconds. Text messages unlocking the screen entirely, though, does not seem to be a notifications setting, or a problem for other users according to a google search. Is it time for me to get a new phone?

7 Replies
Sean_Read
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

If your tag is correct and you're using a Samsung Galaxy S21, I would have upgraded a long time ago. If the operating system on a device is no longer supported, it's a clear indicator to upgrade. If you stick to the Samsung ecosystem, I'd recommend the S24 series. You get far more customisation over how your notifications work, including the ability to schedule when they are allowed or not.

0 Likes
TonyGSD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for your feedback. It seems as though the S21 is still being supported, am I wrong?

is the galaxy s21 operating system still supported - Google Search

0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to Turn Screen On/Messages and untoggle it. Simple search under Settings you can access it that way with the search term.
TonyGSD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I found that setting and messages was toggled on (how? I don't know). I toggled it off, but that didn't fix the issue. I reset the phone, checked to make sure it was still toggled off, and new messages are still turning the screen on.  šŸ˜Ÿ

0 Likes
Solution
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Try searching for Lock Screen Notifications and turn them off. I don't get many Notifications to test be able to that. See if that works.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
And you say it is for your messages app by Google? I would also look in the each disruptive app as to see if they have their own rules for waking up phone.
TonyGSD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It's Samsung Messages.

Turned off Lock Screen Notifications and that worked. But now I won't be able to see new messages pop up for a second or two. Oh well, better than the alternative! Thank you!

0 Likes