JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving video through text as a blurry image and audio file

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 07:34 AM)
NewtoS21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have had this used phone for 2 months. I am not able to receive videos via Samsung Message or Google Messages app. They come through as a blurry fingernail image and the accompanying audio. I AM able to receive the same video via Facebook Messenger. This is coming from other Androids as well as Apple products. 

The sim card came from my old Apple phone. I returned the sim card to the apple and turned off the messaging then returned the sim card to the S21. No luck. I then performed a factory reset. No luck. The android sender is on an older phone and created the video via the camera app (not through the text camera app). I searched and found a couple instances of this in the past 2 years but no solution. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
NewtoS21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

~Update on this query:

I am able to send myself a video that I shot, receive it and view it clearly (no lag or pixilation).

I sent this exact video via messenger (as suggested above) to an iphone 12 and the received video was pixilated and lagged.

I had a Samsung S21 Ultra send me video with the same result as above (thumbnail and audio file.)

I have called the provider, Xfinity, and have twice been instructed to do a factory restore and that is all they can suggest.

Is there a trusted Android diagnostic app or store that can test? 

Why am I able to view my own video via text, but no one else? 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

If you're using your phone to send the text to yourself it is not going out over the network.  I can do the same thing and not get any compression. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes