JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S-Pen Only Mode Missing for Galaxy S21 Ultra in Samsung Notes?

(Topic created: 08-27-2021 09:05 AM)
Bthomason
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm coming from the Note series after many years of loyalty to that line of products. It's been a tough transition, but without a Note 21 this year and it being time to upgrade, I just had to go with the S21 Ultra to get the best camera hardware (not to mention a better price point).

When I switched, though, I was sad to see that there's no option to activate S-Pen Only Mode inside Samsung Notes. This was a feature I used all the time with my Note 8 and I'm having a hard time adjusting because I keep making stray marks with my fingers or palm. Additionally, I have to use 2 fingers to scroll, which is a pain since I'm so used to the way I've always done things with the S-Pen Only Mode. Is there a way to activate this on the S21 Ultra? 
0 Likes
6 Replies
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
What exactly did the S pen only mode do that is missing?
0 Likes
Bthomason
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It would block any touch input from your fingers/palm while in that mode, but only on the drawing/writing canvas. So you could still touch all the menu items and toolbar buttons, but if you accidentally dragged your pinky across the canvas while moving the pen tip around, it wouldn't make a stray mark.
0 Likes
Solution
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
If u tap that icon with the squiggle it will change to a drawing and writing type mode and your finger can't mark it but the s pen will. And if you tap on that icon with the lock it'll lock the page so it won't scroll.

Idk If that's it exactly but hope it helps.

Oh I forgot to mention, open the 3 dot menu in the top right and there's a separate option to disable finger drawing.Screenshot_20210827-104527_Samsung Notes_26600.jpgScreenshot_20210827-104553_Samsung Notes_26601.jpg
0 Likes
Bthomason
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Aha! I had selected "Finger drawing on". In the past, it was called "S-Pen Only Mode". I toggled this to "Finger Drawing Off" in the menu, and now I'm set to go! Thank you. (BTW, the wording is swapped around - if you wish to turn finger drawing on, you click the On button. It looks like a status message, but it's really a button to activate the other mode. So in my case, I want it to be off, so the wording in the menu must say "Finger drawing on"). Thanks, @StimmyPizza for your help and for getting me to dig a little deeper into the menus!Screenshot_20210827-120319_Samsung Notes_10972.jpg
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Awesome, glad I could help out.

Also, if you'd want to, just click accept solution on my comment which is under the 3 dot menu on my comment. It can help people find this in the future if they look for the same thing!
Bthomason
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Done! Thanks again.
0 Likes