Original topic:

S21 No Sound

(Topic created: 03-18-2024 02:06 PM)
Ickrus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
One day recently I noticed no sound coming from my bottom speaker anymore. Anyone experiencing this ? Are there any known fixes? I've googled the issue and it looks like a common problem for the bottom media speaker to stop working. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 
10 Replies
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you checked the OUTPUT in regards to media? Is it set to 'this phone'? It may be your speaker is fine; it's just an audio setting preventing the sound from being output through the speaker. Case in point: do you have earbuds connected to your phone? Swipe down from the top of your phone. You SHOULD see two tabs. DEVICE CONTROL and MEDIA OUTPUT just above the notifications. Tap MEDIA OUTPUT and it will list 'this phone' and will be highlighted if this is where the audio is being output. If it isn't, it will show beneath 'this phone' other things connected like earbuds, soundbar, roku TV, etc. Click on this phone if any other source is highlighted. Hope this resolves your issue!
Ickrus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's doing this when nothing is connected to the phone.
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Try doing a hardware test with your Samsung Members software if you think it's hardware related. Best of luck.
0 Likes
Ickrus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Did the test. Still no sound. I'm thinking the speaker is dead or isn't making good contact with the main board. Seems to be a common problem with the s21
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry your speaker isn't working. If you are handy with a multimeter you could open up the case 😱 and test the speaker but I think you're wanting for the damned thing to work like it should!
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Looks like it's a software issue that occurred after an update, my friend. I am still looking for a solution for you (and others) 🤞 so hang in there.
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
@Ickrus, I found this:

"problem with the bottom speaker after update, example when on call, i open the loudspeaker and put the phone on my ear, and the sound will disappear, so at first i though samsung hardly asking me to upgrade the phone to the newest one, but just now i try the diagnostic by samsung member apps, and the apps suggest me to do the power restart, and my speaker finally back to normal."

how to do the power restart:

Press On/Off button + Volume down for 7 seconds, ignore the 3 options that pop up, and after 7 seconds the phone will do the power reset automatically, and after it hopefully your bottom speaker will back to normal (because mine is magically back to normal)

HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU!
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
@Ickrus, please do another test on speaker by going to phone (dialer) and enter:
*#0*#
It will bring up a screen to test different components. Click on the speaker test and see if all of your speakers have sound. Left click twice to exit. Then restart your phone and test for audio. Let me know 🤞
0 Likes
Ickrus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the help, I think the speaker fell off it's traces and or went Kapoot!
0 Likes