JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 does not pair with Win10 Laptop (after PIN is verified on laptop, S21 says it failed to connect)

(Topic created: 05-20-2023 01:25 AM)
Bruzote
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Note: I *cannot* use a USB cable for this problem. Specifically, I am trying to move data off of the phone, from the Merlin Bird ID app to the laptop. The only way to export a sound recording from the app is to "share" the recording. There is no share option involving file transfer over USB cable. Furthermore, the app does not seem to have the sound recordings stored in identifiable files. So, trying to copy the sound files from phone to laptop via laptop does not work since there is no known file (or even file location) to begin with! By the way, this means anybody answering this messaging had darn well better not tell me to use a cable since it is the best option or best practice. It is NOT the best option if there are no files to copy! The data appears to be embedded and only shareable via Bluetooth. Thank you.

3 Replies
Solution
bbblondie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried sharing it via Bluetooth with the laptop? You don't have to pair with the laptop to share anything over Bluetooth.

First:
1. Enable Bluetooth on both the phone and the laptop
2. Then right click on the Bluetooth taskbar icon on your laptop
3. Click on "Receive a file"

Then:
4. Go to the item you want to share and click Share
5. Select to share via Bluetooth option
6. Select your laptop from the list of available devices.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Bruzote
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

First, I have just resolved the matter. Thank you for answering, though.

Second, yes I tried that. I was doing it the wrong way, though.

Unfortunately, I am very tired. I poorly worded the title but the BT connection is what I was referring to. I was trying to use the Bluetooth connection improperly, like you would for headphones. I just messed up the title and didn't even mention it well in the body either.

Now that it is working, I sure wish I could use a cable. The transfer via BT is hellishly slow. Unfortunately, the app just doesn't seem to have output files I can copy, only the share function.

Again, though, thanks for your help.

0 Likes
bbblondie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Oops!😅 Sorry for the misunderstanding! I am also quite tired and most likely misread your post.
I do agree though, sharing most things over Bluetooth is rather turtle-ish. But glad ya found a fix to your problem! 👏
0 Likes