Original topic:

S21 plus help

(Topic created: Saturday)
Cullenboxing
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi everyone,

I brought a brand new in box s21 plus on eBay from an Australian seller, however the factory setting were to the USA

I'm in Australia, but it works fine and everything seems to be normal, however I just have this weird feeling that because it was factory set up for the USA that I'm going to have issues with it cause it not set up to Australian settings.

I had to manually do everything on my own to set it for Australia.

Should I re-sell it or keep it cause I'm being anxious.

Thanks.

7 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

Were you able to set your region to Australia?  If you were, everything should be fine.  If not, it may be problematic, and you should try to re-sell it, specifying that it is a U.S. version. It may be that it was factory set up for the U.S. because it was meant to be sold in the U.S.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
What you will have to check for to ensure that the device will work in Australia. I am attaching pics of the bands on the US version as taken from GSM Arena and the bands that are available in Australia for each carrier!
To ensure compatibility, look for your carrier bands and see if available from the first photo.

If you see matching bands, you should have no problems. US versions are global phones, but not all Global phones work in the US from other manufacturers, because they don't have bands that will work on Verizon. The largest carrier in the US.

You will have to install 3 years' worth of updates!1719682427173.jpg1719682427202.jpg
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

He said everything was working, so if he has phone service, he's likely got the proper bands - doesn't hurt to check, though, since he's antsy. I like your explanation of the global compatibility. Learned something new.  When I was shopping for my phone on Amazon, it came in the U.S. version and international version, and I went with the U.S. version since the international version only appeared to be for S. America. Glad to see I made the correct choice. And, I'll know for the future, should I have to flee the country.

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Only US phones have support for Verizon.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

Well, I don't have Verizon (on principle), so that wasn't a factor.  I just wanted to make sure it worked. The description did say it worked in the U.S. for T-Mobile, which is what I have, but didn't want to take a chance because I travel a lot, and paid like $30 more.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Unfortunately I have a lot of family that the only reliable sevice is Verizon. Stuck with them.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm privileged to have had choices. Once upon a time you couldn't pay me to use T-Mobile, but since the advent of smart phones and their stellar work on their network, I am very pleased. Had AT&T for years (since personal cell phones for the masses came into existence), with no issue whatsoever until they displeased me (also, where I am in Flor-i-duh is an AT&T dead zone)

0 Likes