Original topic:

S21 ultra screen doesn't work after update to one ui 6.1

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Robin007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

After updating from one ui 6.0 to 6.1

Touch doesn't work without s pen can't  downgrade because of the binary.  What can I do ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, There. 

First I would recommend trying to clear the catch partition after the update to see if this clears it up. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

If the symptoms persists, then I recommend check out the following: troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10001974 

If none of these steps above help, then service would be required. You can set up service by visiting HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I've heard that this issue is only happening on devices that have had the screen replaced I would recommend going back to the shop and having them replace it will a certified screen that will work with 6.1

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

usernWYwUgzJqI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My phone has never seen the inside of a repair shop and it's still happening. In fact, it goes much further than just "screen not working". I can barely use my phone at all.
romanv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

That's absolutely not true👎my device is new out of the box,  but when got 6.1 the screen stopped working.  I had to manually return 6.0 to start using it again

Baby Bear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So we need to pay to have someone fix something that samsung did?

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, There. 

First I would recommend trying to clear the catch partition after the update to see if this clears it up. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

If the symptoms persists, then I recommend check out the following: troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10001974 

If none of these steps above help, then service would be required. You can set up service by visiting HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

0 Likes