Original topic:

SMS/MMS converting to chat on Samsung messages

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Gregory502
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, I thought I posted this, but can't find it now...

If I send a text message to my both of my parents, who both have Samsung devices, it will convert it to a chat rather than a MMS.  This chat "resets" at the conclusion of the conversation.  So the next time we send a message, it has no history of the previous conversation.

Using the stock "Messaging" app.

Is there anyway to prevent this?

6 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

Switch your messaging app, either temporarily or permanently. I understand the Samsung app is having some issues. You are not the first one with this complaint.

0 Likes
ImRyan
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been using Textra for years myself. Very good and customizable
0 Likes
nightmare_tonic0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Might wanna switch over to Google messages for a bit
Sailor69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I reported this about a week ago and "realaud" also responded to my post.

So far, it only has happened to one mass text conversation.  One of them and I both have an IT background and we could not figure out what has happened.  We deleted the conversation on all 3 phones and when attempting to recreate it, it only allows for a Group Chat, not a mass text.

We're guessing Samsung pushed something in a recent update that **bleep** it up, but no one from Samsung will chime in to explain what the **bleep** is going on.

Recommending switching to another messaging app is NOT a solution and just an "easy way out"...good troubleshooting is to determine why the problem exists and fix it.

0 Likes
Sailor69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Odd...the "bleep"s were not swear words...the auto-removal is too sensitive.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

They tightened the censor since the spam attacks

0 Likes