JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SMS Notifications not working with Watch 5 connected

(Topic created: 05-28-2024 05:00 AM)
Gregory502
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Recently I stopped getting SMS notifications.  I think it started with the most recent update I received about a week ago.  When I receive an SMS, my watch gives me notification as normal, but the phone doesn't vibrate or give an audible alert as it normally does.

I thought it was just the Messenger App, so I switched to Google Messenger, and it worked for a day or two, then it stopped.

I powered down my Watch 5 Pro, and started receiving notification on the phone as it should.  But then powered back up the watch, and they stopped again.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Gregory502 Try this:

1. Open the Samsung Wearable app
  2. Click on your watch
  3. Click on Watch settings
  4. Click on Notifications
  5. Make sure that "Mute notifications on phone" is OFF
  6. If that doesn't solve it.... Click on Show phone notifications on watch
  7. Change this to "Show alerts even when phone in use".

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Coldheat06
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Make sure you do not have do not disturb turned on your watch
Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S21

@Gregory502 Try this:

1. Open the Samsung Wearable app
  2. Click on your watch
  3. Click on Watch settings
  4. Click on Notifications
  5. Make sure that "Mute notifications on phone" is OFF
  6. If that doesn't solve it.... Click on Show phone notifications on watch
  7. Change this to "Show alerts even when phone in use".
0 Likes
Gregory502
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This was the fix.  Is this a setting that changed recently? I'm not sure why it all of a sudden started being a problem.  I have used this watch/phone setup for over a year without problems.

I assumed it was a setting change in the update, but didn't make the connection that it was the watch until just a day or two ago.

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S21

@Gregory502 Glad that was the fix! The setting did not change recently. It could have been that cache values were corrupted during your update. After any update, I wipe the device cache partition to ensure no cache values cause issues. Wiping the device cache partition does not delete apps nor user data. 

whatever3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
There watches are junk for the money 4 was good 5 failed in less then a year bought again, failed in 6 months junk junk junk
0 Likes
mechanic63
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Message app opens for about 5 seconds then closes. Tried to Uninstaller and reinstall, can't do it. Is there a fix?
0 Likes