JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Pass or other password manager questions

(Topic created: 03-31-2021 03:44 AM)
Bbaileysir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So I've always had an iPhone but decided to make the switch and bought a Samsung s21.  I'm questioning now if i did the right thing now because I can figure out how to do some fairly basic things.  My biggest frustration as of now is using a password manager.  I had planned to use Google password manager since I had already used Google manager withe my iPhone which I thought would make this swap a lot easier.  My problem is that as I'm logging into accounts, my passwords aren't being saved at all actually.  I've set up my Google account but all I can seem to do with the password manager and autofill is have access to the info.. from what I can tell..  my phone wants me to use Samsung pass. I've tried disabling it thinking that then when I typed in a new password it would use my Google account passwords but it didn't work.  Instead , it asks me to download Samsung pass every time I type a password in.  As of now .. I've had the phone for two days and I still am typing in my login and password to everything I sign into .  I'm open to suggestions..  I want to keep it simple.  I hate trying to remember passwords so the easier solution the bigger 
15 Replies
ComputerMan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung pass should sync with Google pass. Try downloading it and setting it up. That might help.
Bbaileysir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So I guess I wasn't exactly clear .. I have downloaded it.. again and again actually.. but it does not sync to anything. It says it's synced with my Google account but there isn't single password that syncs through to Samsung pass.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you turn on Google Passwords in Settings?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Bbaileysir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes. For sure.. I need help. How do I actually get some help? I still can't save or transfer any of my passwords. And I'm having other issues with my phone are quite frustrating and very inconvenient. I can't find a support line to call anywhere. I tried to get remote help but it won't work .. the number it has me call doesn't go through. I also tried downloading mcAfee security because my phone has been so buggy and it won't work at all and I can't get ahold of anybody from. Mcafee either.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Who is your carrier, if it's a major carrier they can help.

What basic things cant you figure out?

I wouldn't install McAfee yet.  Have you installed many apps?

I would consider Booting to Safe Mode and see if the phone acts better but really what you probably need to do is a factory reset and start over if it's giving you that much trouble.  

How did you migrate your data from the iphone to the S21?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Bbaileysir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung switch.
0 Likes
Bbaileysir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So.. I downloaded mcafee because I'm having more issues than just with my passwords. I'm having all sort of issues with my new S21. I truly believe that there is something seriously wrong with my phone. So, with that I decided to call samsung support and I can't believe what I learned. I can't imagine a phone call going any worse. I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart. It was kinda a big deal for to make the decision to switch over from iPhone. I've had an iPhone almost my entire life. I did a lot of research before I made the switch because I feared having a bad experience and regretting my decision. Well, I fully regret my decision already and it's only been a week. I spent the entire afternoon on the phone with samsung support. I had to re-tell my story to 5 different support techs. Every one of them asksd me the same exact questions and then I'd tell them my story and each one of them asked me told hold shortly and they'd be right back. But instead of coming back they'd transfer me to a new clueless tech support and I'd start over. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say I did this for just over 3 hours. The very last tech I spoke with I begged him to tell me what's going on and also begged him to at least stay with me so I could actually get some where. I told him about my experience so far on the phone with the previous 3 tech supports and let him know how frustrated I was. He hung up on me. I wasn't being argumentative at all.. I never swore or even raised my voice. I was nearly in tears after so much effort . I don't understand what I did wrong or could have possibly said wrong to deserve this nor did they try to explain it. I now feel unsafe and violated. No call back or follow up emails either. Amazing. I guess I'll be returning my phone then.. which is too bad.. I tried everything to find help. I mean.. I even came here seeking help. Thanks for at least replying bill-e
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

@Bbaileysir 

Sorry to heart that.  I'm not going to try to talk you out of returning it but since you are, you will have to reset it so that you don't send it in with all your personal data so why don't you do that now and see how the phone reacts.

But before we do that, let's try booting to the Safe Mode..  Safe Mode retains all your data but puts the apps in the condition of a new  phone.  So pull down the menu twice so that the power button is there and tap it.  Now press and hold the red Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode button appears, tap that and the phone will reboot into Safe mode.

now use your phone for a bit and though you will not have access to all your copied over apps, you will be able to tell how the phone itself is working.  If it is working ok without those apps, then we can start troubleshooting from there.

now, because you pulled all your data over from iPhone, it's possible that something is corrupt and causing issues so the next step is to start from scratch.

First remove all your accounts from Settings->Accounts and Backup.  Once that's done you can go to Settings->General Management->Reset and then Factory Data Reset.  This will reset and reboot the phone as new.

Now start all over setting up your phone but this time don't use Smart Switch, we'll deal with your data later.

Once setup is done, use the phone for a while and see if you're experiencing the same issues.  If not start adding your apps from the Play Store.

If you get this far and want to keep going let me know and we can continue.

Bill
---
0 Likes
candy76
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is saying I can't view certain thing and I have to go to the account management website. Ex: I purchased a Groupon and it won't let me go through the link.
0 Likes