Original topic:

Samsung email active in background

(Topic created: 05-31-2024 08:34 PM)
CalvertFire
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
How do I get samsung email to stop running active in background?

S21 user. Started after last update. Draining battery. None of the previous threads have solved my problem. 
6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
The only way to stop it would be to uninstall the app and switch to a different email app since the Samsung Email has to keep syncing in the background to sync your emails when they are delivered mine has been syncing for a while with no effect to the battery

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to sync settings and change the time your phone syncs, or you can set it to manual!
0 Likes
CalvertFire
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I changed all synch setting to manual. I Uninstaller and reinstalled. Still happens.
TheCelestialToymaker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung just seems to have given up on this issue.  There's another thread which they've closed with a solution to just disable the notification.  My issue is since the last update to the app, its been running constantly and killing my phone.  Camera takes ages to open, fails when taking pictures, gallery really slow. Uninstalling email app fixes all these issues.  I've installed 3rd part email, with four imap/exchange accounts set up my phone now works correctly again.  It's about time Samsung acknowledged its an issue and actually fixes it!

CalvertFire
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you for responding. I'll look for 3rd party app...
pathere
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I finally switched to another Email app. But. After checking all email folders to make sure everything appeared in different mail app, I didn't know not to send all emails to trash and empty it prior to uninstalling Samsung Mail. So I lost all my emails in Gmail and another account. This is what happens when we don't get real person help.
0 Likes