Original topic:

Saved dates on my calendar disappeared?

(Topic created: 08-18-2024 12:51 PM)
hanklll
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My saved dates on my calendar have disappeared. There were a lot of birthdays etc that I need back. I did not delete anything. How can I retrieve that information?

Thank you.
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried optimizing and rebooting your phone?  Have you recently unsynced your Samsung and Google and/or Outlook calendars?  You can go to calendar.google.com and see if your dates are there.  If they are, then you need to resync your calendars. If they are not, or you never had your calendars synced in the first place (I actually think it's automatic as part of Google backup), you could try restoring your Samsung backup.  But the very first thing you should do is optimize and reboot.

hanklll
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
How do I optimize and reboot?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Settings/device care - click the "optimize now" button. After the optimization is complete, restart your phone normally by pressing the power button and choosing restart.  You should turn on auto optimization and schedule your phone to restart at least once a week.  The phones need to be restarted occasionally to clean out random data. 

You might also try emptying the cache from the calendar app.  Long press on the calendar icon, click on the circled "i" in the menu that comes up, click on storage, and then tap the "empty cache" option at the bottom of the screen.

0 Likes