JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Still having issues with my Wifi Turning off on it's own after update

(Topic created: a week ago)
sbell03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I was having issues with my wifi turning off on its own and sometimes not connecting at all. A software update was pushed to my phone last night. Wifi still keeps disconnecting. Can we get this fixed ASAP? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

After a big update, I would recommend that you please try clearing the cache partition. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

If you still have issues after this, try putting your device into safe mode to see if a third-party application is the cause. After a software update, if one of your applications is not compatible with the latest software version, it could affect your device. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983 

See if the symptoms persist in the safe mode - if you're still having issues regardless of save mode the next step would be a factory data reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If utilizing the troubleshooting above did not assist, please submit an error report. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-how-to-send-an-error-re...

View solution in context

0 Likes
29 Replies
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to settings >> Apps >>> Apps Settings >>> Special Access >>> Wifi Control (it's near the bottom)
Check and see what has Wifi control and go from there. My galaxy watch was disconnecting me from my wifi, once i figured that out, my phone has been fine.
sbell03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I just tried your suggestion. Turned off all apps ability to turn on/off wifi and restarted my phone. Still not working
0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I hope this works
0 Likes
userDXAiubA5bB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone else having an issue with WiFi turning off and then struggling to turn on again after the last update? I have a Samsung S215G FE. I have reset my mobile network, reset my wifi and bluetooth network, rebooted my router (happens at work too, so that's not it and my tvs stream fine), restarted my phone and 'forgot' my wifi and reconnected. I'm at a loss! Then it won't even find any wifi when I try to turn it off and on. Help?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
My WiFi disconnects but comes on a second later. You can see it disconnect and connect in a blink of an eye.
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Same try wpa3
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I had to change my wifi to wpa3 to resolve my frequent disconnects. I think it may be android 14 issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Well I'm on android 12 (s10e)
I haven't noticed it disconnect recently. It will do it from time to time.
0 Likes
HotMessMamax3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone figure this out? Same thing happened to me, and now I can't grt my wifi to even turn on at all
0 Likes