JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Videos too large to post

(Topic created: 10-10-2022 03:36 PM)
DugLop
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I hate this now absolutely hate it okay the camera is one reason why I bought this phone to begin with and for the first year that I had this phone it took amazing videos that I could post without any problem on any website... However fast forward to just a few months ago when there was an update that changed something and now even a 10-second video comes out too large for certain websites now this is unacceptable and defeats the purpose of it... And yes I have changed all the settings that would affect this and some of them actually affect the video in a way that defeats the purpose of the video itself... Yet another reason why I hate this $999 

8 Replies
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't believe this is the fault of the update. Try recording in high-efficiency videos. It reduces the file size but slightly reduces the quality.
DugLop
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This happened right after an update 3 months ago I watched it update because I was getting ready to take a video of something and my phone started updating so I waited for it to finish when it finished I took the video I was trying to take and I went to upload it to a certain website and suddenly it was humongous a 10-second video was over 50 mb
0 Likes
DugLop
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
A 10-second video should not be over 50 mb especially since I didn't change any setting at all it's the same settings I had when I bought this phone and I never had a problem uploading to any website and I just checked the website they haven't changed their protocol either... same size allotment
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Why not just save up and buy a new phone at this point instead of constantly complaining about it 🙄
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
What are you filming in 4k or 480p? Every website is going to have a size limit.
Solution
Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
That's no fault of the phone; the websites themselves have likely changed their upload limits. 4k video is 4k video, RAW, ISO, MP4, AVEC, etc, the format doesn't change either unless you did that yourself. As others have stated, you'll have the same issue with any other device that records at a comparable resolution. You'll need to lower your recording resolution, unfortunately. But again, not your phones fault.
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
A work around would be to create a shareable link via Google Photos, which will allow you to post videos without vompression and file size limits.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Or maybe share a link with quickshare
0 Likes