JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Weakened S21 Ultra WiFi reception

(Topic created: 09-11-2022 04:56 PM)
DroidBoy010101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
With my S21 Ultra I have been experiencing 5-10 times weaker WiFi speeds in the last 3 or so weeks despite all other devices, including an older s9, outperforming this much newer device. They register up to 500mb/s and the best the s21 is getting in 50- 60 mb/s on the same exact wifi6 connection standing next to the router.  Have run all the fix suggestions including turn off/turn on/ forget phone wifi connections, restarting main router and phone, and trying 2.4 and 5g connections.  I feel like an update or something nerfed my once great reception I was getting on the s21 ultra.

Short of a complete factory reset, are there any other suggestions out there or has samsung addressed this yet? Disappointing still paying off a device that has now a weaker receiver than a 6 year older Samsung device.

UPDATE: A partition cache clear as suggested below appears to have done the trick. WiFi speeds back up to expectations. As I've been seeing other folks with both S21 and as S22 models have been dealing with the same thing, I hope this brings some love and resolution to you as well!
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21

I think the August update  this up sadly. I have the S22 Ultra and been dealing with this same exact issue. Heck, I'm lucky if I can even do anything that uses internet at all. I get informed everytime I try that I'm not online. Cell data or wifi makes no difference. I have no suggestions for you as I've tried everything including a factory reset. I hope they fix this soon because I'm getting tempted to get a different phone as I can't deal with this much longer.

user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Must be random, cause we have s21u and s22u (2 each) and don't have this issue
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
It probably is because I have alot of his since the August update. My husband has the same phone and zero issues
0 Likes
DroidBoy010101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You did a factory reset so this might not give some love, but did a partition cache clear as suggested below and it appeared to work. Really hope this gets resolved for you!
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Try a partition cache clear. It is good at cleaning out the software bugs the OS and security updates sometimes bring without the hassle of having to back up all your data like you have to do with a factory reset.
Solution
DroidBoy010101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks! This partition cache clear might have just done the trick! Speeds back up to norm after running multiple speed tests!