JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is Samsung honeyboard?

(Topic created: 06-22-2024 03:54 PM)
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Can someone please help me out and explain "HoneyBoardService" an active service on my Galaxy S21 Ultra?? I have had issues with my phone recently, and this is listed as an installed app but I never installed it... under active application processes it is listed an input method as:

com.samsung.android.honeyboard
I recently had accounts accessed/ passwords compromised so I don't trust anything right now!! Sorry if I am overreacting and this is nothing to worry about
7 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Supposedly it's the keyboard this is from Google
The Samsung Honeyboard is a keyboard app for Galaxy phones that uses AI features to make typing easier and more convenient. The keyboard also includes other features, such as:

Undo and redo: Use two fingers to undo and redo actionsTranslation: Use the keyboard's translation functionVoice recognition: Use the keyboard's voice recognition functionSamsung Pass: Use Samsung Pass through the keyboard

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Phew ok, so it's an essential app then? Glad I didn't try removing it! Haha I was under the impression Samsung Pass is no more, that I have to update to Samsung wallet? And thank you so much for answering my post!!
0 Likes
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Would LOVE to revert back to Samsung Pass, it has a ton of my logins stored but I haven't been able to make it work with Samsung Wallet
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung pass is now built in the wallet app

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
SamsungBrina
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you
0 Likes
Atessa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Is there a way to remove Honeyboard or at least don't let it connect to Grammerly? Looks like this is a recent change and I have a work profile on my phone, it keeps getting blocked by the organization policy which made using the keyboard on work apps a nightmare!
0 Likes
MaesterTwinkle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Under settings, if you go into the settings page for "Samsung Keyboard" then go into the "Suggest text corrections" page and disable the toggle for the language it runs on, it should stop pinging grammarly (maybe, hopefully?) I am in the same boat, so far so good

0 Likes