JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When plugged in to charge it disconnects S21 Ultra USB-C?

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 05:09 PM)
jishan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My s21 ultra USB C port is not working perfectly. Every time when I put in charge it disconnect...

9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
It physically disconnects ? As in falls out of the port ?

Or it does stay firm in the port, but phone reports a disconnect ?

Try another cord .... how does it work ?
0 Likes
jishan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
When I try to connect the cable I have to push it very hard to connect and after like 10 times try it connects.
JordynakaArson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Maybe just use a wireless charger, my bro had to deal until he had to clean his type c port. Maybe it needs to be cleaned?
0 Likes
jishan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I cleaned it 2 times but same problem.. and it affects also to connect android auto.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
So , that could be the cable's usb-c connector end is physically failing

Or, the connector port in the phone (what the cord connectors to) has a problem.

The easiest and cheapest test is to get another cable and see if the problem goes away. If yes then don't use the bad cable

If another cable is also difficult to plug into phone, then it's the port receptacle
0 Likes
jishan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried with other cables but same thing...
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

It sounds like the connector in the phone needs service.  It may or may not be under warranty. Call Samsung to open a service ticket or call Ubreakfix directly if you have one close. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
jishan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok thank you
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

One more thought.  It could also be the brand of USB cable you're using.  I've had more than one brand new cable require a lot of force to connect... And I promptly returned them as defective.  Just something else to check. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes