Original topic:

"Add Event" in text messages

(Topic created: 04-12-2022 11:51 PM)
user3GO8LnYi1U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

For some reason a receiver of my text messages Is all of a sudden getting a link to "add event" along with my messages.  I'm not sending any "events" to this person. Gets them on every text. What is this and how do you turn it off???

Screenshot_20220401-165338_Messages~2.jpg

7 Replies
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
it may be the other persons calendar settings
0 Likes
user3GO8LnYi1U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Explored that but supposedly it's only comming up on my texts (no others)

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
That's Android and/or their messaging app adding that. Tell them to clear the cache of the app.
Mantequillas
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
It's part of the UI suggesting potential Calenar events. It has popped up in conversations I've had with people when they mention things such as "we can meet..." or "what day works for you". I dunno if there is a way to disable it but maybe you can try opting out of customized services under Settings>>General Management>>Customezation Services.
user6wLn6dB5ni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It's a new feature of the latest OS and it's absolute garbage. I haven't found a way to disable it in the settings so please let me know if anyone does because OBVIOUSLY NOBODY WANTS A CALENDAR POPUP EVERY TIME SOMEBODY SENDS A TEXT WITH A WEEKDAY IN IT

0 Likes
Solution
userkWpxqKHiOh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Here's the solution, not just for this intrusive "feature", but others:

Go to Settings>> Advanced Features>> Smart suggestions

Inside you'll find toggles for the individual "Smart" Suggestions, including getting suggestions for:

Samsung Keyboard, Smart Widget, Calendar, Reminder, and Messages. 

I imagine the one you're specifically asking to disable is "Calendar".  In my case I toggled off the entire Smart Suggestions feature, and literally saw the unwanted "Add Event" button disappear from my txt messages.

JohnM6484
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

This ADD EVENT keeps showing up on messager. How can I stop it

0 Likes