Original topic:

.15 cent charge on bank statements

(Topic created: 08-21-2024 09:39 AM)
Mandra083007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Can anyone help me I keep seeing this .15 charge on my bank statement & when I call my bank, they can't tell me anything either. It reads as Samsung USA. I then have to dispute it then I have to wait for a new card. The only thing I can think of is that Samsung now charges to link a card to a Samsung Pass account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
5 Replies
WhiteShack
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
They have to make sure your card is actually valid. So they usually do these small usually under $0.20 transactions to verify. PayPal does the same thing. Then you'll get your $0.15 back in 3 - 5 business days. Companies have been doing this for many many years now.
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Both my CCs are Visa based, typically a local gas station does $0.00 tests when I activate the pump. I've also seen 10Ā¢ with others.

FWIW I used to work at a credit card processor. Had to work on dormant account with 10,000 test transactions from different cards. FRAUD.
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
And if you keep changing cards, voila, another test transaction.
Gemini12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This happened to a friend without their knowledge until they were out SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS!
REPORT IT AT ONCE AND CLOSE/CHANGE ACCOUNT!
My friend was reimbursed 100% bc it was linked to their bank account.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

These are like pre-authorizations.  Pre-authorizations fall off after time, and never actually charge (unless the processor uses this as the actual charge, in which case it would change to the actual amount spent)

0 Likes